Friday, March 31, 2006

Cliché: cool as a cucumber

Meaning: cool and calm. Meanings and mentions.
Rewrite 1: cool as a frosty
mug
Rewrite 2: cool as a springtime morning
Rewrite 3: calm and quiet like a sleeping
toddler
Rewrite 4: the calm demeanor of a cucumber

Comment: I’m struggling here between creating metaphors and imagining similes that truly fit the original mind’s image. To restate the cliché with a different vegetable likely won’t improve the comparison.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
Dead People Server: Cliché obituary page.

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

No comments: