Monday, March 20, 2006

Cliché: ace in the hole or ace up his sleeve (new entry)

(re-entered on 04.02.06) (Happy first day of spring 2006!)

Meaning: hidden resource save until needed.
Rewrite 1: a gold coin sewn in his pocket
Rewrite 2: an extra key under the solen2 of his shoe
Rewrite 3: the answers up his sleeve
Rewrite 4: a picklockn2 pinned in her hair

Comment1: I had to replace my original here because, without intending to, I had repeated a cliché. My apologies to my readers. (I discovered the repeat when I tried to organize the list of clichés alphabetically.)

Comment2: Careful here: You don’t want to get too wild with examples, yet you also don’t want to resort to other clichés like a key under the mat.


More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
Invent Your Own Investment Clichés: “To succeed in the share market, it helps to think and act differently from the herd.”

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

No comments: