Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cliché: rub salt in the wound

(entered for 4.04.06)

Meaning: make something painful worse.
Meaning and uses.
Rewrite 1: rub lemon juice in the wound
Rewrite 2:
torchtv the burn
Rewrite 3:
icetv the cavity2
Rewrite 4: put pressure on a broken bone

Comment: De we really want to give ideas to torturers?

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
Technorati Blog Finder: Clichés. This page shows blogs about cliches in order of authority (most site links). (On the day I looked this up, Cliché-a-Day was in the first spot on this results page.)

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

No comments: