Monday, April 24, 2006

Cliché: clear as a bell

Meaning: pure sound or clear meaning. Idiom.
Rewrite 1: clear as a
pristine glacial lake
Rewrite 2: clear as
crisp2 alpine air
Rewrite 3: clear as the sight between towering
peaksn2a
Rewrite 4:
clarity of a cloudless sky

Comment: I would have liked to see something more about clarity of sound or taste. Perhaps something more like “clarity of a French claret…”

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
Clichés Gifts: “…gifts from the CartoonStock directory - the world's largest on-line collection of cartoon gifts.”

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wham, bam, thank you, man! I was worried that no one would visit, but my friends said 'cheer up, it's not the end of the world' and I was spurred on. I guess I was right, all good things come to those that wait.

Thanks for the link!

Booksville Bookclub said...

I know the feeling. Many bloggers share your pain. ;-)