Saturday, February 25, 2006

Cliché: yank your chain

Meaning: do or say something to rile you. Meanings. Use examples.
Rewrite 1: pull your
collarn3a tight
Rewrite 2: slap you on the back of your head
Rewrite 3:
topple your card stack
Rewrite 4: upset your dominoes

Comment: Similar to my previous entry, rattle your cage, except this one might be more provocative. The fourth rewrite may be obscure – I want you to envision a series of dominoes set vertically to fall over (only when finished lining them up) and create a design or pattern.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
HeraldNet: “Avoid this festival of clichés.”

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the new
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right. To search the page using Internet Explorer, just go to “Edit” in the top menu bar, select “Find”, then enter the cliché or a word from it.

No comments: