Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cliché: dumber than a box of rocks

Meaning: very dumb. Use examples.
Rewrite 1: dumber than a box of nails
Rewrite 2: dumber than a pound of cheese
Rewrite 3: dumber than a car with no wheels
Rewrite 4: no smarter than a dozen eggs

Comment: This one is an easy rewrite – let your imagination soar.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
The Wayne Effect: “…was slightly inspired from that Top 15 Music Video clichés thing on MTV.”
(Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.)

Check out the new alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right. To search the page using Internet Explorer, just go to “Edit” in the top menu bar, select “Find”, then enter the cliché or a word from it.

No comments: