Friday, March 17, 2006

Cliché: the red carpet treatment

(entered for 03.17.06) (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)

Meaning: extra special treatment. Use examples.
Rewrite 1: greeted with splendor and
celebrity
Rewrite 2: celebrated and pampered2a with star-struck devotion
Rewrite 3: treatment
renowned for its flourishesn2
Rewrite 4: adored and pampered like royalty

Comment: I was looking for a structure like the original. What is like “red carpet” that upon seeing it immediately says special treatment?

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
WCFrancis/Cliches: “Examples of elderly martial arts masters.”

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

No comments: