Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cliché: bare bones

Meaning: down to the basic level. Meaning and uses.
Rewrite 1: bare
studs
Rewrite 2: bare
chassis
Rewrite 3: down to the
rivets
Rewrite 4: under the paint and
skin3

Comment: In these rewrites, I have tried to stay away from mere references to a body and widen it to buildings (studs), cars or computers (chassis), and other mechanical or manufactured things (rivets). Even “paint” and “skin” can apply to a vehicle or piece of art.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
Mexican art, hold the clichés: “Exhibitions around the country prove viewers are ready for modern art by indigenous artists.”

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

No comments: