Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cliché: knock your socks off

Meaning: metaphorically, powerful enough to explosively remove clothing
Rewrite 1: knock your boxers off
Rewrite 2: knock your bra off
Rewrite 3: blow the shutters off
Rewrite 4: spin the tires off

Comment: Extend the metaphor to the house or other things.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of my cliché rewrites with my archived list.

Find books on clichés through my online book store affiliated with Amazon.com. They can help you identify clichés and what they mean.

4 comments:

Zany Holidays Blogger said...

Tomorrow is Cliché Day, officially--let's make a bonfire and throw all the clichés in it...

Booksville Bookclub said...

I'm all for a good cliched bonfire!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Booksville Bookclub said...

Sorry, but I deleted a comment because it was a series of links to scantily clad ladies. Not only would that not be appropriate for younger audiences that read this blog, but as a series of links to someone else's website, it is a form of spam, and I do not endorse spam in any form.
Alan