Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Cliché: drive me to drink

(entered for 05.03.06)

Meaning: make me take extreme or dangerous measures
Rewrite 1: force me to do drugs
Rewrite 2: drive me to mainline vitamins
Rewrite 3: make me pinch snuff
Rewrite 4: push me to scarf Pop-Tarts and Tic-Tacs

Comment: The last one is for the really little kids. They’ll appreciate the effort.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
April 05, 2006: “Better investing through clichés.”

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curse me to curse or curse me to maledict,
Be profanity or witchcraft, be sure I'll take none of it.