Monday, April 03, 2006

Cliché: no strings attached

Meaning: no hidden agendas. Meaning and uses.
Rewrite 1: no tiny type at the bottom of your screen
Rewrite 2: no legal-speak language
Rewrite 3: no
disclaimers1b or footnotes
Rewrite 4: no
loopholes2 attached

Comment: When I think of “strings attached,” I think of legal language and footnotes the average person can’t decipher.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
Procrastination Clichés: “Overused phrases and often not that funny jokes and clichés about procrastination.” From procrastinationhelp.com.

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the searchable
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right.

No comments: