Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Cliché: take a picture, it will last longer

(entered for 02.07.06)

Meaning: make it permanent so you can stop staring at it. Use examples.
Rewrite 1: take a picture and post it on your
desktop
Rewrite 2: want me to draw a
sketch of it so the image lasts a while longer?
Rewrite 3: I’d be glad to
burniv12 a picture of it on the back of your eyeballs
Rewrite 4: why not do a
brass rubbing of the scene so its permanent etched in your mind?

Comment: This cliché takes on the sarcastic, so I tried to stay with that theme as I rewrote it.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
Arrgh!: “Those stupid Internet Marketing Clichés are true.”

Check out the new
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right. To search the page using Internet Explorer, just go to “Edit” in the top menu bar, select “Find”, then enter the cliché or a word from it.

No comments: