Saturday, February 18, 2006

Cliché: on track

Meaning: right where you’re supposed to be
Rewrite 1: on the
curve
Rewrite 2: on the
line
Rewrite 3: on the right road
Rewrite 4: within city limits
Rewrite 5: on your way to the
bull’s-eye3a

Comment: It can be easy to get “off track” when rewriting this one. Depending on the situation you’re describing, there’s room for humor but in most cases you will probably be talking seriously.

More reading about clichés
What I found when I
googled “clichés”:
The Mighty Middle: “Clichés – one right, one left: War and God.”

Note: By providing links to other websites I am only showing you what is out there about clichés – I am not endorsing any content or opinion expressed there.

Check out the new
alphabetical list of all my cliché rewrites available in the archive list at the right. To search the page using Internet Explorer, just go to “Edit” in the top menu bar, select “Find”, then enter the cliché or a word from it.

No comments: