Monday, January 15, 2007

Back After a Long, Unplanned Absence

What a road I have traveled since I last posted! I apologize to anyone who has visited and seen how long it's been since I last made an entry.

I suffered a series of health set-backs, the last of which -- prostate cancer surgery -- I am still recovering from. As a result, I wasn't able to give any time to rewriting cliches. I am trying to begin again.

In addition, just before the health set-backs, I lost most of my research as a result of the faulty diskettes on which I had stored my data, because I had to totally erase my hard drive and reload all my software and data. Only afterward did I discover that my data was lost! So I have had to begin gathering material again. I have also since started storing data on X-drive as my external drive. Fool me once...but only once!

So, if you have been a fan of the site and wondered where I have been... or if you have stumbled onto the site and would like more of what I have produced, let me assure you I am working on it again.

I am a freelance writer and editor and rely on that freelance work for a living, so I am doing this blog as I have time and energy. Recovering from prostate surgery at age 57 takes a long, long time. But I want to get this site back in gear, even if it isn't on a daily basis as it once was.

Thank you for your patience.
Alan

No comments: